Please check back often. Updated February 6, 2021
Bishop Lucia has continued to suspend the obligation to attend weekend Mass, if you feel uncomfortable attending Mass or if you have health issues. The 4pm Mass is live-streamed on Our Lady of Hope Facebook Page. While Onondaga County’s COVID number are going down, COVID-19 is still among us and we do not want to risk the health of anyone. To ensure we are following CDC and Diocesan protocols, we are asking that you adhere to the following requirements when attending Mass.
- All Masses will be held in the Church. Masses in the Grotto will resume in the spring, weather permitting.
- Please enter through the parking lot entrance as all other doors will be locked.
- Online Registration for Mass has been suspended as of February 7.
- Upon arrival, YOU MUST CHECK IN, by providing your name and phone number. Should you be diagnosed with COVID-19 within 2 weeks after you have attended a Mass, please have someone contact us immediately so that we can inform others that were at that Mass. Due to privacy issues, we will not give any names of the individual(s) out. Any potential exposure at any Mass is required to be reported to the Diocese by us.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN, BOTH OVER THE NOSE AND MOUTH during the entire time you are at Mass.
- Please sit in every other pew (they are marked)
- There will be no hymnals or missalettes, unless you bring your own.
- There will be no collection taken up, please leave your offertory in the box at the parking lot entrance, consider signing up for online giving (ourladyofhopesyr.org and click on “Give Online”), or mail in or drop off your contribution at the Rectory.
- Until social distancing is no longer necessary, the capacity of the church is about 112.
- Please bring your own sanitizer (if possible) to sanitize hands before Communion if you are receiving on the hand. If you are receiving on the tongue, please wait until the end of the line.
- Stay 6ft apart in the Communion line.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE HOST, then move away from the Priest/Deacon to consume the host and ensure the mask is back on over the nose and mouth.
- You may use any door to exit the building.
- The Parish Office is open 9am-3pm Monday-Thursday if you have any questions.
- We will keep everyone up to date about changes.